Two beluga whales, beautiful, swim ovals in an aquarium tank. Round and round, never changing direction or speed. The crowd gasps, “Whaaaaa,” each time the pair pass near the glass. I wonder: Are those whales going insane from the boring repetition, feeling trapped, desperate to escape? Or does this describe their audience? Or does it describe me, standing here watching this depressing spectacle?...
- The Disease of Modern Politics: Mock Outrage
- Try “New and Improved Mueller Report”!
- You Know You’re a Failed Yes-man When…
- The Weather Underground, Aboveground At Last
- Fiddling With Our Egos While Notre-Dame Burns
- Winning GOP Slogan: Progress, But Slower!
- Here’s what a REAL “fundamental transformation” looks like, Part One
- Radical Moderation
- Hidden Premises Revealed
- Random Thoughts on Principle or the Lack Thereof