Two beluga whales, beautiful, swim ovals in an aquarium tank. Round and round, never changing direction or speed. The crowd gasps, “Whaaaaa,” each time the pair pass near the glass. I wonder: Are those whales going insane from the boring repetition, feeling trapped, desperate to escape? Or does this describe their audience? Or does it describe me, standing here watching this depressing spectacle?...
- On Letting Go of Friends
- Look Happy!
- Economics vs. Political Philosophy
- Save the Whales
- Looking vs. Seeing
- On Our Moral Certainties
- Weekend Reflection: Against Parentheses
- North Korea Actually Expects Trump to Do What He Promised — Imagine That!
- Mission Accomplished: The Trump Cult Exposed
- Why Socialists Like Soccer