I was raised Catholic, and therefore learned to regard capital punishment as immoral, on the Church’s “life is sacred” and “no human has the moral authority to take a life” grounds. Later, when I started thinking things through for myself — as opposed to rationalizing what I had been raised to believe — I became a fairly strong supporter of the death penalty,...
- Weekend Reflection: Nietzsche on Looking Around
- Moon Jae-in: Progressive Diplomacy Without Shame
- On Friday, Ireland Voted to Kill You
- After the Love is Gone
- The Conservative Case for School as Police State
- A Few Thoughts from Marcus Aurelius
- RedState After the Purge
- Plato: Mythologist or Philosopher?
- Weekend Reflections: Glenn Beck, School Shooting, Royal Wedding
- Double Standard on “Re-education Camps”