The essential mechanism of democratic socialism, which Tocqueville explained perfectly with his warning about the threat of soft despotism, is the nanny state’s inviting web of progressive “help,” which gradually lulls well-meaning but compromised citizens into the immobility of moral paralysis, until they are ready to be devoured by a government with an endless appetite for human blood. Take the case of the...
- Republicans Stay Right On Target
- Freud vs. Plato on Eros
- Your Homework Reading Assignment, If You Please
- On Freud
- Modern Demagoguery, or Why Trump Is Not To Blame
- Thoughts on the Wing: More U.S. Midterm Musings (With Even More — and More — Updates!)
- Why Did Ted Cruz Almost Lose?
- On Elections and The Fall
- Foolproof Predictions on Election Day
- U.S. Midterms: Round and Round