Yesterday, a university junior I had not seen in a while stopped by my office to talk about her life these days, or rather her frustrated sense that she was not really living a life, but merely, as she put it, “enduring” one. She expressed concern that her existence, consisting almost entirely of study perceived as an obligation, a part-time job perceived as...
- Republicans Stay Right On Target
- Freud vs. Plato on Eros
- Your Homework Reading Assignment, If You Please
- On Freud
- Modern Demagoguery, or Why Trump Is Not To Blame
- Thoughts on the Wing: More U.S. Midterm Musings (With Even More — and More — Updates!)
- Why Did Ted Cruz Almost Lose?
- On Elections and The Fall
- Foolproof Predictions on Election Day
- U.S. Midterms: Round and Round