Spectator sports often teach us a lot about the people, or rather peoples, who make them popular. There is nothing new about this, of course. Seneca taught us as much about the state of Roman society in his time as about his own Stoic sensibilities, when he wrote, in his Moral Letter “On Crowds”: But nothing is so damaging to good character as...
- On Letting Go of Friends
- Look Happy!
- Economics vs. Political Philosophy
- Save the Whales
- Looking vs. Seeing
- On Our Moral Certainties
- Weekend Reflection: Against Parentheses
- North Korea Actually Expects Trump to Do What He Promised — Imagine That!
- Mission Accomplished: The Trump Cult Exposed
- Why Socialists Like Soccer