“To look at” vs. “To see”: Directing one’s eyes toward a thing is completely different from focusing one’s vision upon it. To look at a thing is a physical action, a movement of the body and an aiming or orienting of the organs of sight. To see that thing (to focus upon one part of one’s visual field rather than another) is a...
- On Letting Go of Friends
- Look Happy!
- Economics vs. Political Philosophy
- Save the Whales
- Looking vs. Seeing
- On Our Moral Certainties
- Weekend Reflection: Against Parentheses
- North Korea Actually Expects Trump to Do What He Promised — Imagine That!
- Mission Accomplished: The Trump Cult Exposed
- Why Socialists Like Soccer