All too often these days, conservatives and libertarians have taken to adopting synoptic views of the history of ideas aimed at dividing all philosophers neatly into two political camps: pro- vs. anti-liberty, or, more precisely, pro-liberty vs. pro-tyranny. And within this (in my view) misleading dichotomy, it is customary to prove one’s philosophical mettle by setting Plato atop the pro-tyranny list. Indeed, he...
- On Letting Go of Friends
- Look Happy!
- Economics vs. Political Philosophy
- Save the Whales
- Looking vs. Seeing
- On Our Moral Certainties
- Weekend Reflection: Against Parentheses
- North Korea Actually Expects Trump to Do What He Promised — Imagine That!
- Mission Accomplished: The Trump Cult Exposed
- Why Socialists Like Soccer