Our scientists and philosophers confidently assure us that with each passing day they are closer to unraveling the mystery of consciousness, where by “mystery” they mean myth, and by “consciousness” primarily the combination of thought and desire. Now by “thought” they mean the power of inferential reasoning, and by “desire” the ability to form purposes or intentions. Thus, they are confidently assuring us...
- Weekend Reflection: Nietzsche on Looking Around
- Moon Jae-in: Progressive Diplomacy Without Shame
- On Friday, Ireland Voted to Kill You
- After the Love is Gone
- The Conservative Case for School as Police State
- A Few Thoughts from Marcus Aurelius
- RedState After the Purge
- Plato: Mythologist or Philosopher?
- Weekend Reflections: Glenn Beck, School Shooting, Royal Wedding
- Double Standard on “Re-education Camps”