Many online have responded to reports that Las Vegas shooter What’s-his-name had been using prescription anti-anxiety medication by shouting “Don’t make excuses for evil!” As if asking about the possible role of these medications in his moral decision-making were an attempt to absolve him of culpability. Or as if it were tantamount to saying “The medicine committed the crime.” False. The most intelligent...
- On Letting Go of Friends
- Look Happy!
- Economics vs. Political Philosophy
- Save the Whales
- Looking vs. Seeing
- On Our Moral Certainties
- Weekend Reflection: Against Parentheses
- North Korea Actually Expects Trump to Do What He Promised — Imagine That!
- Mission Accomplished: The Trump Cult Exposed
- Why Socialists Like Soccer