(See Part One) If the civilized life is akin to a long walk through nature — and that includes human nature — then its definitive character is not destinations, not “highlights,” but continuity. The key to continuity, in all matters of will, is the avoidance of distractions. Destinations, too, when regarded as definitive, become mere distractions. A destination is not only an end...
- The Birds and the Bees at Easter
- The Disease of Modern Politics: Mock Outrage
- Try “New and Improved Mueller Report”!
- You Know You’re a Failed Yes-man When…
- The Weather Underground, Aboveground At Last
- Fiddling With Our Egos While Notre-Dame Burns
- Winning GOP Slogan: Progress, But Slower!
- Here’s what a REAL “fundamental transformation” looks like, Part One
- Radical Moderation
- Hidden Premises Revealed